The Centre for Teaching Excellence launched a new website this week, one that is not only more aesthetically pleasing than our old site, but is also designed to provide more resources, more functionality, and more user-control. Here are some of the enhancements:
- New content areas within the “Teaching with Technology” section devoted to blended learning and to integrated learning (ePortfolios). Both of these areas feature exemplars drawn from UW courses.
- An updated list of discipline-based journals devoted to effective teaching ; all of the journal titles in this list are hyperlinked either to the home page of the journal in question or to their entry in the Library’s Trellis system.
- An RSS feed that automatically pulls in data regarding CTE’s upcoming events from UW-Events, and presents it on our homepage.
- Effective use of expandable “Spry” panels that allow users to choose which content on a page to view and which to ignore.
- Dynamic tables that allow a users to sort data as they choose (see, for example, the list of Distinguished Teacher Award winners)
- Link to myHRinfo registration system, where you can self-enroll and track your own workshop history (read the Registration Procedures and FAQs on our Event Listing and Registration page)
These enhancements are all thanks to Varun Bhardwaj, CTE’s co-op student for the Winter term, who worked on the new site under the supervision of Dr. Mark Morton. Naturally, we’d love to hear your feedback on the changes! Please comment on this blog entry, email your thoughts to Mark Morton, or phone ext. 37765.