Pssst…did you know that the Centre for Teaching Excellence has a library! Yes, we do! Many UW people don’t know this. Tucked away in the Math & Computer building (MC 4051), it houses approximately 2500 books and journals. Topics are on educational issues ranging from assessment to tenure. It works just like any other on-campus library with the exception of fines and hours. Our library is open between 9:00 am to 4:15 p.m., Monday to Friday. Staff can be reached at 519-888-4567, ext. 33353. We don’t accept payment for fines. They need to be paid at one of the main campus libraries.
The CTE Library is also a “pick-up” location. If you order books or documents through Trellis, you can select the CTE Library and pick them up in MC 4055. But, please keep in mind the hours. You can also drop books off here.
CTE provides a page with links to a number of eJournals, and we also have a number of videotapes pertaining to teaching and learning.
Most recent purchases are:
- A Guide to Faculty Development (second edition)
- Action Research : A Guide for the Teacher Researcher
- Connecting Non Full-time Faculty to Institutional Mission: A Guidebook for College/University Administrators and Faculty Developers
- Developing Outcomes-based Assessment for Learner-centered Education: A Faculty Introduction
- Disciplinary Styles in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: Exploring Common Ground
- Driving Change Through Diversity and Globalization: Transformative Leadership in the Academy
- Engaging Student Voices in the Study of Teaching and Learning
- Exploring Signature Pedagogies: Approaches to Teaching Disciplinary Habits of Mind
- Included In Communication: Learning Climates that Cultivate Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- Internationalising Higher Education
- Learning Reconsidered – A Campus Wide Focus on the Student Experience
- Making Their Own Way: Narratives for Transforming Higher Education to Promote Self-Development
- Opportunities and New Directions: Canadian Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Teaching in Transnational Higher Education: Enhancing Learning For Offshore International Students
- Teaching with Classroom Response Systems: Creating Active Learning Environments
- Team Based Learning for Health Professions Education: A Guide Using Small Groups for Improving Learning
- The Art of Changing the Brain: Enriching Teaching by Exploring the Biology of Learning
- The Assessment of Doctoral Education: Emerging Criteria and New Models for Improving Outcomes
- The Complete Academic Search Manual: A Systematic Approach to Successful and Inclusive Hiring
- The Impact of Culture on Organizational Decision-Making : Theory and Practice in Higher Education
- The Learning Portfolio: Reflective Practice for Improving Student Learning
- The Teaching Professor (Journal V. 24, no. 3, March 2010)
- Theorising Quality in Higher Education
- Understanding College and University Organization: Theories for Effective Policy and Practice, Description: v. 1. The state of the system
- Understanding College and University Organization: Theories for Effective Policy and Practice, Description: v. 2. Dynamics of the system
- Writing and Using Learning Outcomes: A Practical Guide
The Centre for Teaching Excellence welcomes contributions to its blog. If you are a faculty member, staff member, or student at the University of Waterloo (or beyond!) and would like contribute a posting about some aspect of teaching or learning, please contact Mark Morton or Trevor Holmes.